Monday, February 23, 2009

A Love Letter

To my dearest,
I have loved you for so long now. I cannot remember a day in my past when you were not a part of my being. I yearn to relive the day I first tasted your luscious velvetiness; the initial cold sensation that overtook my heart and caused my mind to further dream of future times of oneness are hard ones to recapture. I, though, am able to recreate that sensation over and again. I am amazed at how you continue to surprise me every time I have you. There are hardly words to describe the overwhelming joy that you have brought me. This is why I write to you, my dearest Ice Cream. No lactose-intolerance could ever separate us.

Forever yours,
Me

And now...A list of my Top 10 Favorite Ice Creams

1) Homemade Brand Cookies and Cream.
There is something so wonderfully simple about this ice cream and yet so damn sinful. I had a roommate who lived all over the U.S. tell me it was the best Cookies and Cream ice cream on the market. I wholeheartedly agree.
2) Blue Bell Banana Pudding.
Who knew this particular flavor of ice cream would be this delectable? I certainly didn't. Everything one could possibly love about Grandma's banana pudding is in here. I think I just shed a tear.
3) Haagen-Dazs Toasted Coconut Sesame Brittle.
I know how strange this sounds. I felt the same way. But the combination of the toasted coconut mixed with crispy sweetness of the sesame brittle is amazing. It causes my heart to flutter.
4) Sweet Red Bean Ice Cream.
Another strange one. You can find this at most Asian specialty shops. It is something so foreign to American palates and yet I think it would go over well here. The flavor has a deep richness to it. It's also really good as a Popsicle.
5) Ben and Jerry's Everything But The...
I love this one. It has everything you could possibly need in a good ice cream. It has Heath bar chunks, white chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, and chocolate covered almonds. This ice cream reminds me of that person each of us have in our lives that try to please everyone by being everything to everybody. You know who you are...
6) Haagen-Dazs Mango Sorbet.
Look, I know it's not technically "ice cream", but hey it comes in a pint, comes from the freezer aisle, and you have to eat it with a spoon, so BACK OFF! I love mango. It's such a tropical flavor. And this particular one is great on a very hot summer day.
7) Homemade Brand Chocolate Chip.
Homemade Brand just makes some damn fine ice cream. The chips in this, I believe, are a bittersweet chocolate chip. The thing I love the most about them is they are wafer thin chips, not those big crunchy ones. It's really hard to explain. Just try it.
8) Blue Bell Pecan Pie.
Pecan pie just happens to be my favorite baked dessert. To be able to capture the buttery richness of a homemade pecan pie seems to be almost impossible. And yet, it was done beautifully here.
9) Haagen-Dazs Caramel Cone OR Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream.
These are a tie for me. The idea of eating ice cream with chocolate covered waffle pieces in it is a dream come true. I used to love waffle cones as a kid, so this brings about that love to fruition.
10) Dove Toffee and Caramel Moment.
Dove has only over the past maybe 5 years or so put out their own ice creams in pint form. This one is amazing. The thing that sets it apart from other toffee chip ice creams is the layer of chocolate ganache on top. Breaking through that initial layer of chocolate is like busting through the finish line of a race except, this isn't the end. Oh no, my friend...It is merely the beginning.
Honorable Mention: Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip, Ben and Jerry's Turtle Soup, Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake, and Publix Brand Santa's White Christmas

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was a bit crazy when it came to ice cream, but you have successfully made me feel normal. Thanks!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete